Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This salad goes well with most seafood. Delicious served with brown bread and butter for a simple but stunning appetizer.
- Cut away the pith from the grapefruit and cut into segments over a bowl to catch any juice. Squeeze the membrane you are left with in with the rest of the juice then discard the shells.
- Place all the juice into a saucepan and boil for about 10 minutes until reduced to a few syrupy tablespoons.
- Mix with the olive oil and set aside.
- Segment the lemon and mix with the grapefruit segments.
- Drape the smoked salmon over four plates and scatter with the segments. Spoon the dressing over and dress wit the cilantro.