Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are nice for a sunday brunch..or a quick weeknight dinner.
- 4 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 16 ounces smoked salmon
- 10 taco shells
- 3 ounces shredded cheese
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet combine the taco seasoning mix, tomato sauce and water.
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer uncovered for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir smoked salmon into the mixture.
- Put mixture in taco shells, top with shredded cheese and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve with tablespoon of salsa, some chopped onions, and shredded lettuce.
They're also great for a Friday lunch! Rather than tomato sauce I used crushed tomato with a little less water which gave it a really nice texture. I was a bit sceptical how the flavors would fit together but it works really well.