Serve it with your choice of crisp salad. It is great as a main course or a starter, or as a cold canape when sliced thinly. It goes exceptionally well with a sharp grapefruit salad! You may use low-fat cream cheese. Please note, cooking time does not include chilling time.
- Cut cling film to the size of 20cm x 15cm and place it on the work surface.
- Arrange the smoked salmon slices on the cling film, slightly overlapping each slice.
- Soften cream cheese in a bowl (bring it to room temperature which makes it easier to spread), then carefully spread onto the smoked salmon.
- Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds and parsley on top of the cream cheese.
- Roll the salmon in cling film as tightly as possible into a shape of a log and tie both ends of the cling film to seal it airtight.
- Chill in fridge for at least six hours.
- To serve, slice into 2-3 pieces and place on a bed of crisp salad.
Rich and surprisingly easy to roll up tightly. These were gobbled up by everyone. A great appetizer or different supper, Aaliyah and Aaron's mum.
Dinner parties are the favored way to socialize here & they do it right. It is just too expensive to eat out, but not an ounce of flavor or touch of elegance is sacrificed, so it has been a culinary journey for this home-style & Tex-Mex transplant from Dallas. Smoked salmon is always a hit as a starter, but this recipe is all about technique & presentation for me as I favor easy-fixes that are pretty on the plate. I started the assembly of the roulade using cling film, but found it easier & more secure to use parchment paper. I sprinkled the top of the roulade w/a bit of dill, mostly for color. After that, the chill time & a very sharp knife do the rest for you. As an appy snack for just 2 of us, I served it w/some veggies for color. simple toasted bread rounds brushed lightly w/olive oil & my Gravlaxsosa (The Real Deal). This was such a treat & is sure to be repeated for guests in the future. Thx for posting this recipe for us.