Recipe by Aaliyah's&Aaron'sMum
Serve it with your choice of crisp salad. It is great as a main course or a starter, or as a cold canape when sliced thinly. It goes exceptionally well with a sharp grapefruit salad! You may use low-fat cream cheese. Please note, cooking time does not include chilling time.
- 10 slices of norwegian smoked salmon
- 200 g cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut cling film to the size of 20cm x 15cm and place it on the work surface.
- Arrange the smoked salmon slices on the cling film, slightly overlapping each slice.
- Soften cream cheese in a bowl (bring it to room temperature which makes it easier to spread), then carefully spread onto the smoked salmon.
- Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds and parsley on top of the cream cheese.
- Roll the salmon in cling film as tightly as possible into a shape of a log and tie both ends of the cling film to seal it airtight.
- Chill in fridge for at least six hours.
- To serve, slice into 2-3 pieces and place on a bed of crisp salad.