Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
These appetizers are beautiful to look at (very colorful) and wonderful to eat. They are the focal point of any appetizer tray I have ever done. Yes, they are a bit "diddly" but well worth the effort.
- 1 lb smoked salmon
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons wasabi powder
- 3 large carrots, julienned
- 3 stalks celery, julienned
- 1 small zucchini, julienned
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 1 green pepper, julienned
- 1 yellow pepper, julienned
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped very finely
- 1 bunch chives
- 1 lemon
- Mix cream cheese and wasabi powder together.
- Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut smoked salmon into pieces approximately 2x3 inches.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over smoked salmon pieces.
- Place a piece of julienned carrot, celery, zucchini, red, green and yellow pepper on salmon.
- Add several small pieces of chopped red onion.
- Roll up salmon into small bundle and tie with one stem of chive.
- Serve on a platter decorated with thin slices of lemon.
I skipped the peppers, zucchini and celery but added cucumber. These were definitely the hit of the party - not only did they look fantastic but they tasted so fresh! worth the effort.
We made these for a family get together and they were a big hit! Very fancy looking and delicious! They are quite labor intensive, but they are worth the effort and definitely impress!