Recipe by Rhiannon and Matt
This gourmet variation of the omelette was originally published in Good Taste magazine, in Australia.
- 1⁄4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 5 g butter (1 teaspoon)
- 40 g smoked salmon (2 slices)
- salad leaves, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Crack eggs into a bowl. Add dill and season with salt and pepper.
- Use a fork to whisk until well combined.
- Melt butter in a small non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Cook onion in butter for 4 minutes or until soft,.
- Add the egg mixture and tilt the pan until it covers the base. As the omelet begins to set, lift the edge so the uncooked egg mixture can run underneath.Place 40g (2 slices) smoked salmon over half the omelet and cook for 2-3 minutes or until it is just set.
- Fold in half and slide onto a plate.
- Serve immediately with salad leaves.