Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Quick, fresh and elegant. An ideal starter.
- 1 seedless cucumber
- 1⁄4 lb smoked salmon
- 1 cup creme fraiche
- 1 bunch fresh dill sprig
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- Using a mandoline (or better knife skills than I have), slice the cucumber into sturdy, even slices and arrange on a service plate.
- Top each with an equal tidbit of salmon. Hint: it folds into pretty shapes if cut with the grain of the fish.
- Stir the creme fraiche until smooth and dab a mere teaspoonful over salmon.
- Separate tiny branches of the baby dill and set upright in or atop cream fraiche. Use remaining branches to garnish plate.
- Put the pepper in one palm and scatter by pinches from about a foot above the platter.