Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
A cool, attractive, tasty appetizer. Perfect for any time of year or special occasion.
Make and share this Smoked Salmon in Cucumber Cups recipe from Food.com.
- 2 medium cucumbers, about 1 inch diameter
- 6 ounces smoked salmon
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- cayenne pepper
- Peel cucumber; cut into 3/4-inch slices; using tiny spoon or scoop, form cucumber cup by scooping out seeds, leaving some flesh in base of cup; set aside.
- In medium-size bowl, flake smoked salmon, discarding skin and any bone; blend in sour cream, cilantro, lime zest, lime juice, salt, and cayenne pepper to taste.
- Mound salmon into cucumber cups; sprinkle lightly with a few grains cayenne pepper; garnish with additional lime peel strips, if desired.
I broke up the salmon into very small pieces and mixed well to use it as a dip and I sliced cucumbers to use as chips. No salt needed since the salmon was already pretty salty and I used European style sour cream because it's thicker than regular sour cream. Excellent flavor!
Tried these this weekend and took to share...it was a good thing I had 1 early-they were gone shortly thereafter! I did add 1 oz of cream cheese to stiffen it up just a touch. They turned out really well.
Another great recipe, Evelyn. Thank you! I made them for an engagement party and they were good, but the cukes went soft as they released water. I only made them 2-3 hours ahead, but next time I will make them just before serving. Another use for the smoked salmon stuffing would be as a salad topper or even in a wrap! YUM...