Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
A cool, attractive, tasty appetizer. Perfect for any time of year or special occasion.
- 2 medium cucumbers, about 1 inch diameter
- 6 ounces smoked salmon
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- cayenne pepper
- Peel cucumber; cut into 3/4-inch slices; using tiny spoon or scoop, form cucumber cup by scooping out seeds, leaving some flesh in base of cup; set aside.
- In medium-size bowl, flake smoked salmon, discarding skin and any bone; blend in sour cream, cilantro, lime zest, lime juice, salt, and cayenne pepper to taste.
- Mound salmon into cucumber cups; sprinkle lightly with a few grains cayenne pepper; garnish with additional lime peel strips, if desired.
This recipe was the most atrocious recipe I have ever had the displeasure of tasting/wasting money on, in my entire life. I originally come from Florida, so I LOVE seafood. I LOVE salmon. This recipe tasted so bad once finished, I barfed in my mouth and even my cat who will come running for the smell of ANY fish, winced and ran OUT of the room. I got my fiance to taste half a bite of it, and he threw up in his mouth and spit it out and rinsed his mouth with Listerine. I don't know why this recipe has such a high rating, there is NOTHING good about it. My fiance and I remade this with just sour cream in the cucumbers, and topped it with freshly cooked ham...
I broke up the salmon into very small pieces and mixed well to use it as a dip and I sliced cucumbers to use as chips. No salt needed since the salmon was already pretty salty and I used European style sour cream because it's thicker than regular sour cream. Excellent flavor!
Tried these this weekend and took to share...it was a good thing I had 1 early-they were gone shortly thereafter! I did add 1 oz of cream cheese to stiffen it up just a touch. They turned out really well.