Recipe by breezermom
From Ina Garten, this makes a really nice appetizer, with very little work involved!
Top Review by Baby Kato
Wow, is this great. I love smoked salmon and this easy to make treat does not disappoint. I used Smoked Wild Sockeye Salmon, it was awesome with the flavored butter and partisan bread. The salmon was a rich tasting, firm fleshed salmon. Thank you so much for sharing a recipe that has gone into my keeper box. So good, so quick to make, so easy and so very tasty. Made for Culinary Quest - 2014 - Salmon out door Challenge - Suitcase Gourmets.
- 1⁄2 lb unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon scallion, minced (white and green parts)
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 loaves dense 7-grain bread, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- side smoked salmon, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- For the herb butter, combine the butter, garlic, scallions, dill, parsley, juice juice, salt and pepper in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat until mixed, but do not whip.
- To serve, spread some herb butter on a slice of bread and top it with a slice of smoked salmon.