Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
The better the smoked salmon, the better this tart so try and save a bit next time you splurge on some good quality smoked salmon. You can serve this warm or cold, as a starter or with broccoli and potatoes as a main course.
- 1 package ready made shortcrust pastry
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 whole eggs
- 300 g double cream
- 1 bunch fresh dill
- black pepper
- 200 g smoked salmon
- Line a non-stick or greased and floured 20 x 4 cm deep tart tin (preferrably a springform pan).
- Cover with foil or greaseproof paper, fill with pie weights or rice and bake for 10 minutes at 400 F or 200 C.
- Remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat of whisk the two egg yolks, the whole eggs and the cream until smooth.
- Strip the dill from its stalk, chop coarsely and add to the mixture, along with some freshly ground black pepper.
- Arrange the smoked salmon in the pastry shell.
- Pour over the egg and bake for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 325 F or 170 C and cook for another 25 minutes or until just set.
- Allow to rest for at least five minutes before removing the sides from the pan and serving warm or cold.