Recipe by MadzMom
I got this recipe off of the Epicurious website. Haven't tried it yet, but sounds yummy!
Top Review by spatchcock
Great recipe, Madzmom! DH made this for me--I picked it out, of course, but he made it for me....a true miracle! Anyway, he said that it was a very easy recipe to follow and I can vouch that it was wonderful to eat. He did forget to add the grated parmesan, but it was still amazing. We used spinach fettuccine noodles, which set off the pink salmon nicely. Thanks so much for posting!!
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 lb smoked salmon, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- salt & pepper
- 1 lb pasta, cooked al dente,drained and tossed with (reserve about 1/4 cup of cooking water)
- olive oil
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and saute until translucent, but not browned.
- Add the smoked salmon and continue cooking just until salmon turns opaque, 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in the cream and add capers.
- Be careful how much salt you add because the snoked salmon and capers are both salty.
- Add pasta and toss to coat.
- *Ifthere doesn't appear to be enough sauce, add a couple of tablespoons of the pasta cooking water to thin it down.
- Serve with freshly grated parmesan.