Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe off of the Epicurious website. Haven't tried it yet, but sounds yummy!
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 lb smoked salmon, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- salt & pepper
- 1 lb pasta, cooked al dente,drained and tossed with (reserve about 1/4 cup of cooking water)
- olive oil
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and saute until translucent, but not browned.
- Add the smoked salmon and continue cooking just until salmon turns opaque, 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in the cream and add capers.
- Be careful how much salt you add because the snoked salmon and capers are both salty.
- Add pasta and toss to coat.
- *Ifthere doesn't appear to be enough sauce, add a couple of tablespoons of the pasta cooking water to thin it down.
- Serve with freshly grated parmesan.
Great recipe, Madzmom! DH made this for me--I picked it out, of course, but he made it for me....a true miracle! Anyway, he said that it was a very easy recipe to follow and I can vouch that it was wonderful to eat. He did forget to add the grated parmesan, but it was still amazing. We used spinach fettuccine noodles, which set off the pink salmon nicely. Thanks so much for posting!!
An easy weeknight meal involving minimal prep. This was enjoyed with bowtie pasta. Made as posted, except my salmon was 4 oz vs 6 oz, which was fine for us. Thanks!
Fast and delicious! I had a small amount of left-over smoke roasted salmon - added it to regular roast salmon - made 1/4 recipe for my dinner tonight. I didn't have any heavy cream, so used 2 Tbs of light cream cheese and 3 Tbs of 1/2 & 1/2 (regular not light!) - It was creamy and delicious. Next time I'll try the heavy cream.