Smoked Pineapple Soy Chicken
- Place chicken in a resealable plastic bag sit in a shallow dish.
- For marinade: In a small bowl, combine pineapple juice, vinegar, oil and soy sauce. Pour over chicken; seal bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 4 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- At least 1 hour before grilling, soak wood chips in enough water to cover. Drain before using.
- For rub: In a small bowl, stir together sugar, salt, paprika, sage, pepper, chili powder, and onion powder. Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Pat chicken dry. Sprinkle rub evenly over chicken; rub in with your fingers.
- Place chicken, bone sides down, on grill rack over drip pan. Cover and grill for 50 to 60 minutes or until no longer pink (180 degrees). Add more coals and wood chips as needed.