Recipe by Dib's
After extreme frustration at the lack of stock and high prices of smoked paprika I took matters into my own hands. This works like a charm, and you end up with 18 oz, or 1.22 pounds of the stuff. I used 3.5 oz of Wright's Hickory Liquid Smoke at a $1.29 a bottle, and Spanish Style Paprika, $4.29 for 18 oz.
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl slowly whisk together the paprika and liquid smoke.
- When totaly incorporated-NO lumps-spread out on a foil lined cookie sheet to dry overnight.
- Line a deep sided metal pan with foil and when your done grilling place in grill on top grates for about 2 hours-this is what I did and wow-amazing smell! I used a whisk to stir every 30 minutes.
- When completly dry/cool place in food processor-small batches and pulse to remove any small clumps.
- Pour back into your Paprika bottle, use at will.
- 24 hour "cooking time" is the max dry time you will need-depending on the humidity in your house.