1/4 Photos of Smoked Gouda Macaroni and Cheese
Galley Wench's Note:
Not sure where this recipe originated . . . I'm thinking Cooking Light (non-fat milk). Other cheeses can be used however I'm really partial to the smoked gouda!
My Private Note
1 1/4 c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 slice whole wheat bread
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded smoked gouda cheese
- 1 1/2 ounces grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 5 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 4 cups hot cooked elbow macaroni (about 2 cups uncooked)
- cooking spray
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Place bread in a food processor, and pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs measure 1/2 cup.
- 3Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and garlic; cook 1 minute. Add flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk, salt, and pepper, stirring constantly with a whisk until blended. Bring to a boil; cook until thick (about 2 minutes). Add cheeses; stir until melted.
- 4Add spinach and macaroni to cheese sauce, stirring until well blended. Spoon mixture into a 2-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until bubbly.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Gouda Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (1391 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 428.9
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 35.6 mg
- Sodium 712.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 22.5 g