Here it is only January and I'm thinking of summer. This is a recipe that I think would be enjoyed by the vegetarian and non veg. Source: Canadian Living's Best Barbecue
- Ready In:
- 40 inches flour tortillas
- 1 (19 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander or 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 1⁄3 cups reduced-fat extra sharp cheddar cheese or 1 1/3 cups extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a bowl, mash beans along with 1/2 cup of the salsa with a potato masher.
- Spread mixture evenly over the 4 tortillas leaving a 1/2 inch border.
- In this order sprinkle mixture with onions, olives, coriander and, finally, cheese.
- Fold tortillas over and press to seal.
- Place on greased grill over medium-high heat and cook, turning halfway through, for 8 tp 10 minutes or until browned and crisped.
- Garnish with rest of salsa.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Great meatless quesadillas! I used Bush's kidney beans, parsley and chopped the olives and onions finely. Used our George Foreman grill and removed the tortillas after they were a nice golden brown. A very tasty meal that was quick and easy to make. Made and reviewed for Susie's World Tour 2019 - CubaReplies 1
Fast, easy and tasty, wanted a quick dinner so made this and served with a salad and a lovely bottle of Washington Red Blend wine; dinner was on the table in minutes and enjoyed sitting on the porch on this warm summer night. I did use black beans instead of Kidney as I like them better - this is a great recipe to hold on standby for those days when you're in a hurry but still want to eat wellReplies 1