You can never go wrong with bacon! These burgers are are very delicious! The egg and breadcrumbs are filler that helps keep the burger together until the last bite.
- In a large bowl gently combine beef, egg, breadcrumbs, barbecue seasoning, and celery salt until they are well blended and begin to bind.
- Shape beef into 8 very flat patties.
- Top half of the patties with equal amounts of cheese and bacon, then top with the remaining patties.
- Press edges firmly to seal.
- Grill over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
- Serve on hamburger bun (optional toasted) with the lettuce and tomato.
First of all I must say that this recipe is very good.Now here's the way that I made them.Since I couldn't find the smoked chedder cheese,used an extra sharp chedder that was shredded instead.Also, instead of laying the sliced bacon on top, I crumbled the bacon and mixed it with the cheese,and divded the mixture over four of the patties.Then placed the remaining burgers on top of the cheese/bacon mixture.Pan-fried for about 10 minutes total.My DS gave them a 5,but my SO and I found them to be missing something,just not sure what it could be.But as is they are a repeat in our home.Thank you for posting."Keep Smiling:)"
Yum! We couldn't find smoked cheddar, so we used regular but added a little liquid smoke to the meat mixture. These were so good I could eat them every day! Thank you! P.S. The ingredients listed onions, but they aren't mentioned in the instructions?
These were great!! Messy and yummy and wonderful! We will definitely be having these again...I think my DH wants them again tomorrow...*grin* The only thing I did differently was to leave out the onions, as I don't care for them, otherwise made them exactly as directed. I love the smokey cheddar and bacon combination...YUM-O!!