Recipe by Nado2003
I needed baked smoked tofu for a recipe but did not know where to purchase the stuff and decided to make my own.
- 1 lb firm tofu, drained and sliced into 3rds and then quarter those into thin slices
- 1 teaspoon hickory liquid smoke
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Agave
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix ingredients 2 through 6. Pour over sliced tofu. Cover and soak at least 1 hour or overnight in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put tofu pieces on baking sheet. Season with paprika and pepper, to taste.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Serve or use in recipe.