1/3 Photos of Smashed Potatoes Plus(cfa)
Caroline Cooks's Note:
Comfort Food Alert(CFA). "Smashed" potatoes with the skins left on for more vitamins. Veggies add even more flavor. Goes well with any kind of gravy, especially good with Smothered Minute Steak. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 2Add 1 tablespoon of the a butter, then the celery and onions.
- 3Sauté until the vegetables are golden, about 5 minutes.
- 4Remove from the pan and reserve.
- 5Add the potatoes and just enough cold water to cover.
- 6Bring the water to a boil; cover, reduce heat to medium-low and cook until potatoes are tender,.
- 7about 15 minutes, depending on size.
- 8Drain the potatoes and return the pan to medium heat.
- 9Stir in the cooked vegetables, 3 tablespoons of butter and milk.
- 10"Smash"(still has small lumps of potatoes) lightly with a masher or fork.
- 11Add more salt, pepper and taste for seasoning.
- 12Serve immediately or keep warm over low heat with the lid slightly opened.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smashed Potatoes Plus(cfa)
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.9
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 34.8 mg
- Sodium 125.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 5.6 g