Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is my own recipe, and I guarentee that it is delicious! It only takes 10 minutes, and is bursting with flavour! I make it whenever I have an extra 10 minutes on hand as a great afternoon snack. This recipe serves one, but you can double or triple the amount to serve for lunch or dinner. Enjoy!
- 1 chicken leg
- 2 mushrooms
- 1 potato
- 1⁄3 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 onion
- 1⁄4 cup corn
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oil
- Wash potato lightly under water and place in microwave for 2 minutes under HIGH. Flip potato onto the other side and microwave for another 2 minutes until fork tender.
- Meanwhile, wash and remove meat from chicken leg ( you can use chicken breast if desired). Cut into cubes.
- In a small bowl, mix chicken and seasoning with a fork.
- Rinse and slice mushrooms. Dice onion, and mince the garlic. Heat skillet with oil and add the minced garlic.
- Cook over medium heat for a minute until golden, not browned, then add the chicken. Cook until chicken is no longer pink; add corn, onion and mushrooms. Cook for 6-8 minutes until slightly browned.
- Peel and cut already cooked potato into big chunks; place on a plate. Spread chicken and veggie mixture over potatoes and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 400°F for 4 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve hot and enjoy!
- * you can play around with the ingredients, using a variety of vegetables and cheeses.
I made this recipe for 2 of us, & did change some things around a bit! Used a large potato, unpeeled, left out the mushrooms, used a cup of diced chicken breast that I'd frozen, & added some peas to the corn & other veggies! That, along with a green salad, made for a nice lunch! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]