Recipe by Mercy
Delicious by itself, mixed with some pasta or as a filling/stuffing for pasta or chicken breasts.
Top Review by yvettemryan
This dish sound strange, but it is very very good. My better half is totally unadventurous with food and he found the combination of lemon and ricotta with the peas delightful!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups frozen green peas
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 lemons, zest of or 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the butter and onion and saute onion for 2 minutes.
- Add the frozen peas and stir the peas to heat them through and allow their water to evaporate.
- Once the peas are heated, add the ricotta and parsley to the pan and smash cheese everything together.
- Add the lemon zest or extract, season with salt and pepper and serve.