Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Make with fresh or frozen berries, summer or winter. The honey does not replace the sugar, but adds a floral note to the jam.A few pulses in a food processor chops the berries easily. From "The Complete Book of Small-Batch Preserving".
- 2 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped blueberries
- 2 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup liquid honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (3 ounce) envelope liquid fruit pectin
- Place all ingredients EXCEPT pectin in a large non-reactive saucepan. Bring to full boil on high, boil hard 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, stir in pectin, ladle into hot jars and process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.