1/4 Photos of Slow Roast Corned Beef
4 hrs 5 mins
3 hrs 50 mins
This is from the Australian Womens Weekly Fresh programme. In the cooking time I include the resting time, no time on the salad (I've only ever made the corned beef)but at a guess I would say about 30 minutes. A different way to serve corned beef for St. Patrick's Day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml grainy mustard
- 44.37 ml marmalade
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 garlic clove (crushed or minced)
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 kg corned beef
- 6 cloves (whole)
- 1FOR CORNED BEEF.
- 2Preheat oven to 220°C.
- 3Combine grainy mustard, marmalade, lemon juice, garlic, ground black pepper and olive oil in a small bowl and mix well together.
- 4Place beef in a baking dish.
- 5Make 6 small slits in the beef and poke a whole clove in each one.
- 6Smother the corned beef with the marmalade mixture.
- 7Put into oven and roast for 10 minutes, drop temperature to 140°C and roast for a further 3 hours, basting occasionally.
- 8Remove from heat and let rest, covered in foil, for 30 minutes.
- 9Serve with salad.
- 10FOR THE SALAD.
- 11Place eggs, beans and potatoes in a bowl.
- 12Mix mayonnaise and lemon juice well together.
- 13Toss mayonnaise mixture through the salad.
- 14Serve with corned beef.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Roast Corned Beef
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 760.9
- Calories from Fat 473
- Total Fat 52.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 271.2 mg
- Sodium 2604.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 42.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: