Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Boneless pork loin or thick chops in a lush sauce. Good enough for company, easy enough for everyday. The slow cooker does the work.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork loin (at least 1 inch thick) or 1 1⁄2 lbs pork chops (at least 1 inch thick)
- 1 (12 ounce) can pears in heavy syrup
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Mix all ingredients except pork and place in slow cooker.
- Put pork sliced in cooker and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Serve with wild rice and fresh broccolli. A really nice meal!
This was really good. The balsamic was a little overpowering, so next time I would reduce the amount. Also, it wasn't specified if sliced or halved pears were to be used, so I used sliced pears and that worded out. But I think pear halves would be just as good. But a 12-oz can of pears wasn't quite enough for our family, so I would increase that, too. Made for the April tag game in the Spain/Portugal forum.
Loved this. Substituted water for the wine, otherwise just as listed except used less vinegar per jswinks review. Also used Craisins for the dried cranberries. It smelled wonderful while cooking, too. Thanks Marich.
Great flavor, super moist pork chops. Very fast and easy to put together too. The pears really soak up the flavor of the sauce (I used "lite" pears and it tasted great to us). The vinegar was a little overpowering, I had already reduced it by a bit but next time I think I'll use 1/4 c. Served with brown rice and broccoli. Yum!