My family (even the little ones) really like this dish. It is simple to prepare and very tasty. Although the recipe says to cook 8 hours, I usually cook 4 to 5 hours on low. My slow cooker must usually run hot.
- Combine oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt, paprika, garlic powder and black pepper in a small bowl; mix well.
- Place bell peppers and onion in slow cooker.
- Add chicken; sprinkle with the oregano mixture.
- Cover; cook on LOW 8 hours or on HIGH 4 hours.
- Stir in ketchup and remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- If desired, cut chicken and let it sit in the sauce, for a half hour or so before serving, to absorb the flavor.
- Serve chicken and vegetables over hot cooked noodles or rice.
I think this was JUST okay -- but maybe my crockpot cooks on a higher heat because I ended up with a pot of mush despite only cooking on low for about 7 hours max. Maybe I hoped for too much? I don't think I will try it again, but if I do, I will check it after 5 hours on low.
This didn't receive rave reviews in my house but it was GOOD. :) It was easy to put together, and I added a few more veggies just to round out the meal a bit more (and make enough to feed 2 men and a toddler boy as well as 2 women.) And it was nice that no one knew there was ketchup in it ;) My son ate a fair amount of the chicken and I served it over rotini.
Made for PAC Spring 08 Simple and tasty...I cooked it exactly 8 hours on low and it came out perfectly.I served it over asian noodles with broccoli on the side.