Recipe by Lynn S.
My family (even the little ones) really like this dish. It is simple to prepare and very tasty. Although the recipe says to cook 8 hours, I usually cook 4 to 5 hours on low. My slow cooker must usually run hot.
Top Review by SolightlyUK
I think this was JUST okay -- but maybe my crockpot cooks on a higher heat because I ended up with a pot of mush despite only cooking on low for about 7 hours max. Maybe I hoped for too much? I don't think I will try it again, but if I do, I will check it after 5 hours on low.
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 medium green bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 chicken breasts, bone in
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- egg noodles or rice, hot cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt, paprika, garlic powder and black pepper in a small bowl; mix well.
- Place bell peppers and onion in slow cooker.
- Add chicken; sprinkle with the oregano mixture.
- Cover; cook on LOW 8 hours or on HIGH 4 hours.
- Stir in ketchup and remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- If desired, cut chicken and let it sit in the sauce, for a half hour or so before serving, to absorb the flavor.
- Serve chicken and vegetables over hot cooked noodles or rice.