8 hrs 15 mins
I found this recipe on the McCormick Spice website and it is absolutely unique and delicious, especially for a crockpot recipe. The flavors compliment each other so nicely, both sweet and savory - it is a definite keeper! Serve with crusty bread to sop up the extra juices and a nice, tossed salad on the side. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! PS - Don't be deterred by wrapping up the pickling spice in the cheesecloth - it literally takes less than a minute!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml mccormick whole mixed pickling spices
- 1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1587.57 g skinless chicken breasts, and or 1587.57 g skinless chicken thighs
- 59.14 ml flour
- 4.92 ml garlic salt
- 1.23 ml ground turmeric
- 411.06 g can chicken broth
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes, drained
- 236.59 ml about 6 ounces pitted dates, quartered
- 118.29 ml slivered almonds
- 1Place the pickling spice in the center of a piece of cheesecloth or a coffee filter.
- 2Tie tightly with a long piece of string.
- 3Add onion to 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker.
- 4Place chicken in slow cooker.
- 5Combine flour, garlic salt, and turmeric.
- 6Sprinkle over chicken.
- 7Add pickling spice bundle, broth, tomatoes, dates and almonds to slow cooker.
- 8Cook on HIGH 4 hours, or on LOW 8 hours.
- 9Remove pickling spice bundle.
- 10Serve with couscous, if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Moroccan Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 365.1
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 115.4 mg
- Sodium 415.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 50.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole mixed pickling spices