Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 hrs
From Quick Cooking 2004 Since posting this recipe I again made it for supper one night. The tip roast did not turn out tender at all...as a caution I would make this with a chuck roast or other cut of beef that will turn out tender *updated 2/4/08* **Thanks to Internetnut for the missing ingredients - don't know how I skipped those but she is correct*** Added 2/20/09
- 4 1⁄2 lbs sirloin tip roast (cut in half) or 4 1⁄2 lbs chuck roast (cut in half)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer (or use additional beef broth)
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 0.5 (1/3 ounce) envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 10 (6 inch) Italian rolls, split
- Place roast in a 5 quart slow cooker.
- Combine the broth, beer (or additional broth), water, vinegar, soup mix, salad dressing mix, garlic, oregano, and basil; pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast. When cool enough to handle, shred meat, using two forks.
- Return to slow cooker and heat through.
- Using a slotted spoon, spoon shredded meat onto each roll.
- Serve juices as a dipping sauce.
delish! This was so easy to make -- actually easy enough my husband made it! When i walked in the house after work, the whole house smelled SO good! It tasted as good as it smelled too! I used some french rolls which we toasted under the broiler and put some swiss cheese on. Thanks for posting! Made for Photo Tag.
Very good sandwiches which we enjoyed. i used a rump roast and instead of beer vegetable broth (outof beef broth). Couldn't be easier! Thanks for sharing!
I'm not rating this as I haven't tried this recipe. I noticed the measurements for these ingredients were not listed so here they are 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano and 1 tsp dried basil. Hope to try this recipe soon. Thanks for posting. Christine (internetnut)