Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a super easy, soo tasty dinner. Throw it in the crock pot in the morning, and voila! you've got a pefect savory dinner.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs lean beef chuck, for stew Cut In 3/4 Inch Pieces
- 1 lb carrot, Sliced
- 2 medium onions, Thinly Sliced
- 3 cups thinly sliced cabbage
- 2 cups water (or 1/2 cup red wine plus 1 1/2 cups water)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (2 ounce) envelope onion and mushroom soup mix
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- egg noodles
- Mix all ingredients except sour cream and egg noodles in a 3 1/2 quart or larger slow-cooker. (Can be done the night before. Refrigerate in removable crock or, if crock can't be removed, in a covered bowl, then transferred to slow-cooker to cook.).
- Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours until tender. Turn off cooker and stir in sour cream until well blended.
- Serve over Egg Noodles.
This is a great recipe! I made my stew with the red wine and I mixed the tomato paste into the water before adding it. Everything else was the same. My husband loved it and so did I. Thanks for sharing!
i made this with the red wine and hungarian sweet paprika. i adjusted seasonings with 2tsp kosher salt and if i make it again i will add Tbsp of beef base or sub beef stock for the water! yummy!