R Bs Pressure Cooker Beef Stew
A great tasting beef stew in minutes rather than hours. I wanted beef stew one night for dinner but didn't have time to do it in my slow cooker, so I modified the recipe for my pressure cooker and it was ready in 30 minutes and turned out better than in the slow cooker..
- Ready In:
- 1 lb stewing beef, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Accent seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup baby carrots
- 3 large potatoes, cut in 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, quartered lengthwise
- 3 stalks celery, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, Divided
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet
- Mix flour, salt, pepper, onion, and garlic powder in a gallon plastic bag; add beef and toss to coat evenly.
- Over medium high heat, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and beef and saute until beef is well browned.
- Add 2 additional tablespoons of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of the flour mixture and mix to make a rue.
- Add beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, Kitchen Bouquet and mix thoroughly making sure there are no lumps.
- Add carrots, celery, onions and potatoes to pot, sprinkle Accent over veggies evenly.
- Close lid on pressure cooker and cook on high pressure for 14 minutes.
- Quick release steam, remove cover and check gravy for desired thickness. If necessary stir in a little more flour mixed with hot water to thicken as desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Used XMas present first time, poor cut of beef bottom round. Clueless on performance of the gift. So thanks to wife and some intelligence, did less onions and followed ingredients to letter added 1/2 cup water afraid of broth concentrate we use, but let the pressure cooker tell me how long to cook. I know it's a cheap model said 35 minutes on timer for stews so that's what we set. To our surprise very tasty tender. We will continue to experiment but we were obviously lucky round one.Reply