Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Updated to correct missing ingredients..i must have been drugged lol.
Make and share this Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 4 large bone-in chicken breasts, skin removed
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup blackberry jam
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 green onions, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Combine soy sauce, honey, blackberry jam, hoisin sauce, fresh ginger, garlic, chopped onion and chili flakes.
- Place chicken breasts in slow cooker and pour sauce on top. Cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred, set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons of water and cornstarch. Place liquid from slow cooker into a saucepan and bring to a boil. While stirring the liquid, add cornstarch mixture and stir until thickened. Let boil 1 minute.
- Pour sauce over shredded chicken and stir to combine.
- Serve over rice with desired toppings.
I'm giving this a three because my dh didn't enjoy the sauce. I did, I liked the different flavors. I think my dh was expecting something more. This recipe was quick and easy to make with nice results. The chicken was a little dry but the sauce covers it nicely. Made as written, but didn't add the cornstarch to the sauce, just dipped the chicken in it served it over rice, garnished with green onions and sesame seeds. Thanks for sharing your recipe. I made this for Culinary Quest -2014 for the Suitcase Gourmets.
This turned out ok after I did a little guessing, the title and step one both call for honey but none is listed in the ingredients so I took a guess and used 1/2 cup. Also step one says add rice vinegar which was also not in the ingredients so used a 1/4 cup. All in all it turned out nicely with DH enjoying it and me thinking it needed just a bit of something more. I am putting the missing ingredients off to some of the problems this site has had of late. Thanks for the post.