Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 hrs
I copied this from a lady at work. I'm not sure where she got it, but she said it was an easy way to make potatoes for brunch.
- 10 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 kg frozen hash browns
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup corn flake crumbs
- Stir first 5 ingredients in large bowl.
- Add potatoes and cheese.
- Place in crockpot and cover.
- Cook on high 3-4 hours.
- Melt butter in small frying pan.
- Stir in cornflakes and cook until crisp.
- Scatter over potatoes and serve.
An overwhelming success, and so tasty! Easy as pie to make. I omitted the corn flake crumbs as I felt the dish didn't need it, but added some grated parmesan cheese to the mix to give it some extra zip. I also used onion powder instead of diced onion. My husband and I devoured this--it was a great weekend "special" breakfast treat. Thanks so much for posting--will make again!
This was super good. I sprinkled crispy bacon on top instead of cornflakes.
Great recipe, I do make a similar version in the oven, but loved this one too. I did double the cheese and it turned out delicious! Thanks!