Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Just got this from Betty Crocker and had to post it for the holidays! YUMMY!!
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 3⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- ice cream, if desired
- Spray 3 1/2- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray; Spoon pie filling into cooker; spread evenly.
- Beat remaining ingredients except ice cream with electric mixer on low speed 1 minute, scraping bowl constantly; Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Pour batter over pie filling.
- Cover and cook on High heat setting 1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hours or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve with ice cream.
- Note from Betty Crocker: This recipe was tested in slow cookers with heating elements in the side and bottom of the cooker, not in cookers that stand only on a heated base. For slow cookers with just a heated base, follow the manufacturer’s directions for layering ingredients and choosing a temperature.
I haven't ever given a one star to a recipe before but this recipe didn't work out at all. I wasn't sure if the pumpkin should of cooked like a cake but the consistency of the mixture wasn't great. I even cooked it for 2 additonal hours hoping it would work out. We just had the ice cream for our dessert.
I agree with Cherylkv. It lacked something for me as well. My husband loved it and said it reminded him of bread pudding, which is his favorite dessert. I thought it would make my kitchen smell good with the cinnamon and apples, but it really didn't. I was disappointed in this recipe- probably won't make it again.
this was really good - i did cut the dough ingredients in half, and it worked quite well - next time i'll cut the sugar down a bit, because it was a little too sweet with the apple pie filling...but, there will be a next time :-)