Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
Yummy comfort food for a Sunday evening, this is our take on the GA/SC classic; serve it over white rice (and don't skip on the raisins, they make a big impact even if you don't normally like raisins - they're totally different here).
- 680.38 g chicken thighs, boneless, skinless
- 29.58 ml flour, all purpose
- 29.58 ml canola oil, divided
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, yellow, large, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 4.92 ml garlic, minced
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 2 (822.13 g) can tomatoes, crushed
- 118.29 ml golden raisin
- 14.78 ml curry powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 4.92 ml white pepper
- 236.59 ml parsley, fresh and chopped
- Coat chicken with flour and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in large skillet over medium high heat; add bell pepper, onion, celery, and garlic. Cook 5 minutes or until veggies are tender. Place veggies in your slow cooker.
- Heat remaining 1 tsp of oil in same skillet over medium high heat; add chicken and cook 5 minutes per side or until browned. Place chicken in your slow cooker.
- Pour broth into skillet; bring to quick boil, cook and stir over medium high heat, scraping up any brown bits from bottom of skillet. Pour broth mixture into slow cooker.
- Add tomatoes, raisins, curry powder, salt, paprika, and white pepper to slow cooker; cover, and cook on low for 3 hours.
- Serve chicken and sauce over rice, and garnish with parsley.