Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 hrs
Great recipe for a crowd...or if you want to make twice baked potatoes in half the time. Potatoes will be baked and ready by the time you get home, then you can scoop, mash and reassemble.
- Scrub/wash potatoes and then dry.
- Poke with fork so they don't burst.
- If desired, rub potatoes w/optional seasonings, I use a bit of oil and sprinkle them with kosher salt.
- Place potatoes in slow cooker. (no foil wrapping necessary).
- Cover, cook on low 8-10 hours.
- Other tips:.
- Wash potatoes night before, for quick prep the next day.
- The skins come out a bit soft so be careful when you remove them.
- I used russet potatoes and they came out great.
Great idea! Worked well!
Thanks for the great recipe / idea. I doubled your recipe with as many potatoes as I could fit in the slow cooker on a Friday night and left it for 12 hours and in the morning they were done. I then used the potatoes to make mashed potatoes. This is a TON easier than peeling and boiling and it was almost just as good. This is a great time saver and is something I am going to use for the holidays! Thanks so much again.