Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This smothered pork chop recipe maximizes the flavors of bacon and mushrooms, while benefiting from the tenderness only a slow cooker can deliver.
- 4 boneless pork chops
- adobo seasoning, all purpose seasoning
- garlic powder
- 8 slices bacon (chopped)
- 1 yellow onion (sliced)
- 4 garlic cloves (diced)
- 3 tablespoons cooking olive oil
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- sprinkle adobo seasoning and garlic powder on each side of pork chops, and rub on both sides making sure to cover evenly. set aside pork chops.
- brown bacon in a large skillet.
- remove bacon and leave grease.
- add olive oil (if needed) to bacon grease and brown pork chops on both sides.
- place browned pork chops in slow cooker.
- in a separate bowl, combine cream of mushroom soup with chicken broth, water, and brown sugar. add in 1/2 of the cooked bacon and place the remaining bacon in the refrigerator for later use.
- pour mix over the browned pork chops, making sure to cover the meat completely.
- cook on high for 3 hours.
- saute sliced onions, garlic, and sliced mushrooms in olive oil, and add mixture to slow cooker 30 minutes before the end of cooking time. make sure to mix in well.
- serve with sweet potato casserole (or mashed potatoes), sprinkle left over bacon over the smothered pork chops, and ENJOY!