3 hrs 15 mins
This smothered pork chop recipe maximizes the flavors of bacon and mushrooms, while benefiting from the tenderness only a slow cooker can deliver.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless pork chops
- adobo seasoning, all purpose seasoning
- garlic powder
- 8 slices bacon (chopped)
- 1 yellow onion (sliced)
- 4 garlic cloves (diced)
- 3 tablespoons cooking olive oil
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1sprinkle adobo seasoning and garlic powder on each side of pork chops, and rub on both sides making sure to cover evenly. set aside pork chops.
- 2brown bacon in a large skillet.
- 3remove bacon and leave grease.
- 4add olive oil (if needed) to bacon grease and brown pork chops on both sides.
- 5place browned pork chops in slow cooker.
- 6in a separate bowl, combine cream of mushroom soup with chicken broth, water, and brown sugar. add in 1/2 of the cooked bacon and place the remaining bacon in the refrigerator for later use.
- 7pour mix over the browned pork chops, making sure to cover the meat completely.
- 8cook on high for 3 hours.
- 9saute sliced onions, garlic, and sliced mushrooms in olive oil, and add mixture to slow cooker 30 minutes before the end of cooking time. make sure to mix in well.
- 10serve with sweet potato casserole (or mashed potatoes), sprinkle left over bacon over the smothered pork chops, and ENJOY!
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooked Smothered Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (573 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 589.8
- Calories from Fat 314
- Total Fat 34.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 134.8 mg
- Sodium 917.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 46.7 g