Recipe by SwtKitn
Simple and delicious.
Top Review by mums the word
When the weather is cool, nothing is better than putting something into the crock pot and smelling those aromas all day. This was very good. I used a 14oz can of diced tomatoes instead of the fresh tomatoes and low sodium soy sauce. Served over noodles - mmmmmm!
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs round steaks, cut in strips
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large green peppers, cut in strips
- 4 tomatoes, cut in lengths
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- cooked rice (optional) or noodles (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef in cooking oil.
- Place in slow cooker, combine soy sauce, garlic, onions, salt, pepper and ginger.
- Pour over meat.
- Cover and cook on Low 5-6 hours.
- Add green pepper and tomatoes, 1 hour before serving.
- Combine water and cornstarch to make a paste.
- Stir into cooker.
- Cook on High until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Serve over rice or noodles if desired.