Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 hrs
This recipe comes from allrecipes.com. Use in taco's, enchiladas, burritos, etc. or just sandwiches. If you like a less spicy roast use less hot pepper sauce.
- 5 lbs chuck roast
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 4 fluid ounces beer or 4 fluid ounces Coca-Cola
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke flavoring
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- Using a sharp knife, poke several 1 inch deep holes in the roast. Insert the garlic slivers into the holes.
- In a small bowl, combine the paprika, celery salt, garlic powder, parsley, ground black pepper, chili powder, cayenne pepper, seasoned salt, mustard powder and dried tarragon. Mix together well and rub over the meat.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the beer, or coke cola, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce and liquid smoke and mix well. Place the roast in a slow cooker and pour mixture over the meat.
- Add the onion, green bell pepper and jalapeno chile peppers to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low setting for 10 hours, or more. Remove roast and shred with 2 forks.
Do not pass by this recipe because of the long list of ingredients (I actually had everything on hand except for the tarragon), I also added a tablespoon of red pepper flakes and a cup pf pickled jalapenos. I have been looking for a spicy recipe to use on all the venison I have in the freezer. This recipe fit the bill. Since I did use venison, I did have to cook the meat for 16 hours on low, turned out awesome. Thanks for the recipe.
Huge hit with the whole family!!