Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This cobbler is made in the slow cooker. Recipe is from Paula Deen.
- 1 (10 ounce) bag frozen strawberries
- 1 (10 ounce) bag frozen blueberries
- 1 (10 ounce) bag frozen raspberries
- 1⁄3-2⁄3 cup sugar, depending on your level of preferred sweetness
- 1⁄2 cup baking mix
- 2 1⁄4 cups baking mix
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, plus
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Spray the insert of a slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together all the frozen fruit, sugar and 1/2 cup baking mix.
- Transfer the fruit to the slow cooker.
- In another large mixing bowl, stir together 2 1/4 cups baking mix, 1/4 cup sugar, melted butter and milk with a wooden spoon.
- With your hands, drop bits of dough on top of the fruit in the slow cooker.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar on top of the dough and place the lid on the slow cooker.
- Turn the power onto high and slow cook for 3 to 4 hours until the topping has puffed and the fruit is bubbling.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
A new winter favorite. I made the recipe as is and served with vanilla ice cream. My hubby and I really enjoyed it.
This turned out very well except for the fact that the center section of the topping remained on the gooy uncooked feeling side (and I cooked it almost 2 hours longer that ask for). The outter rim of dough topping was fine. I'll make this again but with less cobbles and place them around the outer rim to about 2 inches (I have a small crock pot). The berries are wonderful, not over sweet and they retain that lovely berry tang. I love the idea of mixing some of the baking mix with the berries to thicken all of that lovely juice. Yummmm.