I put this low fat slaw together one afternoon when I'd intended to make coleslaw but discovered my cabbage needed to be thrown away. It was a hit. I serve it about twice a month. I like to blanch the shredded carrots.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix shredded carrots, pear, and the coconut in serving bowl.
- 2Whisk together orange juice, orange zest, vodka, anisette, salt, olive oil.
- 3Pour over carrots and pears.
- 4Serve cold.
- 5Note: any liquor that goes with oranges, such as Triple sec, or apricot brandy can be substituted for the vodka and anisette.
- 6Tip: If you prefer more tender carrots, blanch them.
- 7Drop the shredded carrots into boiling water for 2- 3 minutes.
- 8Immediately pour into colander under cold running water to stop the cooking process.
- 9Drain on paper towels to remove water.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sloshed Carrots & Pear Slaw
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 117.2
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 186.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: