Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I put this low fat slaw together one afternoon when I'd intended to make coleslaw but discovered my cabbage needed to be thrown away. It was a hit. I serve it about twice a month. I like to blanch the shredded carrots.
- Mix shredded carrots, pear, and the coconut in serving bowl.
- Whisk together orange juice, orange zest, vodka, anisette, salt, olive oil.
- Pour over carrots and pears.
- Serve cold.
- Note: any liquor that goes with oranges, such as Triple sec, or apricot brandy can be substituted for the vodka and anisette.
- Tip: If you prefer more tender carrots, blanch them.
- Drop the shredded carrots into boiling water for 2- 3 minutes.
- Immediately pour into colander under cold running water to stop the cooking process.
- Drain on paper towels to remove water.