Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Mild and tangy sloppy joe mix. Great for lunch or watching the ball games.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄3 cup catsup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can chicken gumbo soup (undiluted)
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- Crumble beef in 2 quart microwave casserole dish.
- Cook on High power (100%) for 3-5 minutes, stirring to break up meat.
- once or twice.
- Drain hamburger Add the remaining ingredients.
- except for the buns.
- Blend well and heat on High power for about 3 minutes, or until very hot and heated through.
- Spoon meat mixture onto buns and serve.
This was my favorite sloppy joe recipe growing up. Definitely different from traditional sloppy joes and my picky eater will eat this.
Very similar to the recipe my mother used for sloppy joe lunch fund raisers for our school. Kids can't get enough!
Really tasty and tangy and an easy recipe to make. I used ground turkey instead of ground beef and it turned out delicious!