Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was the recipe used for the hockey teams when the moms would get their slow cookers and everyone would make the same recipe. The only sloppy joe recipe that my husband will eat!! Very simple, good with salad. Serve over whole wheat buns.
- 1 lb hamburger, browned
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 (10 ounce) cancr. tomato soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup water, as needed to make desired consistency
- Brown ground beef in large teflon pan. Add rest of ingredients, stirring thoroughly. Recipe can be doubled or increased as desired with good results.
Love the combination of flavors. Tomato soup makes good sloppy joes. Made for PAC Spring 2013.
This was different. I never have used tomato soup in sloppy joe. However it was good, and easy at that. I followed the recipe except I use jared minced garlic. Made For Fall PAC 09