1/4 Photos of Sloppy Joes
Halcyon Eve's Note:
This is my adaptation of my mom's yummy sloppy joe recipe. I like to toast the buns, as they hold together a little better when they are toasty. I usually make a double batch, which gives us enough for dinner with leftovers for lunch. Times are estimated. Tip: my DH loves to add a slice of cheddar cheese before placing the bun top on. They are pretty tasty that way!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (170.09 g) hamburger buns (the smallish ones, about 3 inch diameter)
- 59.14 ml butter, softened
- granulated garlic, to taste
- 59.14 ml shredded parmesan cheese (to taste)
- 1In a large skillet over medium heat, brown beef until no longer any pink; drain.
- 2Add onions and garlic and cook until onions are transparent.
- 3Add remaining sauce ingredients and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer; reduce heat and simmer until thickened (about 15 minutes).
- 4Meanwhile, split buns and spread with butter. Place on a baking sheet and sprinkle with garlic and parmesan cheese. Place under broiler and broil until toasted golden brown. Set aside until sauce is done.
- 5Taste sauce and correct seasonings, if needed. Serve with toasted buns.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sloppy Joes
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 465.6
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 106.2 mg
- Sodium 1189.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 33.2 g