Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
One of our childrens favorite recipes.
Make and share this Sloppy Joe in the Crock Pot recipe from Food.com.
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices bread, use your favorite
- 4 slices cheese, use your favorite
- Saute onions and garlic in skillet until onions are clear.
- Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink.
- Drain fat.
- Add to crock pot with chili sauce, water, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Stir well, cook on low 4-6 hours.
- Place one slice of cheese on a slice of bread and cover with sloppy joe mix then cover with another slice of bread to create a sandwich, repeat until all bread is used up.
My family liked this recipe very much. I used lean ground turkey and substituted some of the chili sauce for ketchup. Would definitely eat it again. Very easy to make.
I made this last night and it was good! I didn't do it in the CP, just stovetop, but it turned out great. If doing on stovetop, leave lid off skillet and simmer until consistency you want. We enjoyed the slight spice of the chili sauce. I got carried away with the mustard and balanced it out with a squirt of ketchup. Would make again!