Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
We were brought up calling it slop growing up and it kinda looks like slop, but we all love to eat it and it's even better leftover. Call it whatever you want . . . no one asked you if you liked the title. Season to taste means exactly that . . . if someone who is eating this is on a salt-restricted diet, than make something a bit more healthy than a dish named Slop.
- Slice onions and saute in butter.
- Add potatoes after 5 minutes.
- Saute potatoes until fork tender.
- Brown the ground beef in separate pan and drain drippings.
- Fold in mushroom soup and ground beef into potato mixture gently.
- Heat and simmer 5 - 7 minutes.
- Season to taste.
When I made this homey and comforting recipe I substituted, by using homemade cream of mushroom soup, which reduced the sodium content considerably. Commercial condensed cream soups contain about 800mg sodium, per serving, and all contain MSG. I had to re-name it because any food referred to as "Slop" is disrespectful to the cook.