Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
From a community cookbook. You dredge the sliced steak in flour and then cook and season with ingredients to make a chili sauce. I think my kids will like this one! Haven't tried it yet. Serve with pasta and rice.
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 -3 lbs flank steaks, sliced against the grain, 1/2 inch thick
- flour, for dredging
- 2 cups onions, diced
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 lime, juice of, squeezed
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef broth
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a bowl, combine first 5 spices; set aside.
- Dredge meat in flour, shaking off excess.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and add steak slices to brown. When all are browned, transfer them to a plate.
- Add onion and green pepper to skillet and cook over moderate heat for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and the spice mixture, stirring for a minute.
- Add tomato paste, brown sugar and lime juice and broth.
- Bring mixture to a boil and let simmer.
- Add steak sliced to sauce to heat through.