Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this recipe from a former co-worker. It's a new twist on baked potatoes, very flavorful. It is a family favorite.
- 4 baking potatoes
- 4.92 ml salt
- 44.37 ml olive oil or 44.37 ml butter, melted
- 29.58-44.37 ml fresh herbs, chopped (parsley, chives, thyme or sage)
- 9.85-14.78 ml dried herbs
- 59.16 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
- 22.18 ml parmesan cheese
- Scrub potatoes and pat dry.
- Cut potatoes into thin slices but not all the way through. Use a handle of a wooden spoon to prevent knife from cutting all the way down.
- Put potatoes into baking dish. Fan them slightly.
- Sprinkle with salt and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with herbs.
- Bake potatoes at 425* for about 50 minute.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake another 10 to 15 minute until lightly browned, cheeses are melted, and potatoes are soft inside. Check with a fork.