Recipe by Milkman's Daughter
This is not a mayo type dressing...it's a vinegar, mustard tangy dressing with just a bit of sweetness. You can always add more sugar if you like it sweeter :D. I used this on packaged dry coleslaw mix (about 3-4 cups) from the grocers but it is delicious over Trader Joe's Healthy 8 Chopped Veggie Mix. Hope you enjoy it. My husband thought this would be delicious on fish tacos also!
Top Review by nemokitty
We love this dressing so much I've made it twice in a couple of weeks time! I didn't have stone ground mustard so I used grey poupon and also added a little soy sauce that brought it over the top. Thanks!!
- 1⁄2 cup oil (Canola)
- 1⁄8 cup vinegar (rice wine)
- 1⁄8 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce (I use the jalapeno flavor)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic (minced from a jar is great)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard (Stone Ground, full strength)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard (Yellow)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except oil. I just add a small amout of salt and pepper at this point, you can always add more later if you feel it needs it. Gradually whisk the oil in with the others until it appears to be completely incorporated (no oil sitting on the top of the dressing mix).
- Put your dry coleslaw mix (your favorite) in a bowl large enough to mix with the dressing. I like to use a bowl that has a sealable lid for marinating. Add dressing a little at a time and toss with the dry coleslaw mix until completely used.
- Let marinate in the refrigerator at least an hour or overnight. Enjoy. (Cookiing time is the marinating time.).