Recipe by Giovanna Luvs Disney
Low fat chicken or turkey gravy, great for the holidays, and your waistline!
Top Review by Giovanna Luvs Disney
When dealing with anything thickened with cornstarch, it is best to wait till last minute to add it. If you add it ahead of time as in your case, it breaks down and becomes liquidy. Thank you for trying my recipe I am really glad you liked it.
- 1 can Swanson chicken broth or 1 can turkey broth
- 1 herb-ox beef flavor cube
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons water (to make corn starch slurry)
Directions See How It's Made
- Shake can of stock and pour into a sauce pan, add beef cube, olive oil and bring to a simmer.
- In a small bowl combine the corn starch with some water about 4 tablespoons, and stir.
- When stock comes to a boil add corn starch slurry.
- The mixture will start to become thick, when the consistency is to your liking remove from heat.
- If it doesn't thicken enough repeat step 2, by adding another portion of slurry.