Really Good Chicken or Turkey Gravy
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is how I make my gravy now. Great for holidays! Easy enough for any day! A wonderful and easy gravy recipe! Great for the holidays! From Rachel Ray.
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 3 cups chicken stock or 3 cups turkey stock, store-bought
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg yolk
- leftover pan dripping, from your poultry (optional)
- Place a medium-sized sauce pan over medium heat with the butter. Once the butter has melted, add the flour to make a roux. Cook, stirring constantly, for about 2-3 minutes, until lightly golden in color.
- While roux is cooking, place the roasting pan that you cooked your poultry in on a burner over medium-high heat. Once the pan gets hot, add the wine and scrape up all the bits on the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Add the bits to the roux along with the stock and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- When ready to serve, beat an egg yolk in a small bowl with a ladle of the sauce.
- Pour the egg yolk mixture back into the pot of sauce. It will make a glossy, more stable gravy.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION