These brownies are so easy to put together and tastes so rich and gooey but with less fat and calories. Enjoy every bite!
- 118.29 ml Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 59.14 ml bob's whole wheat pastry flour
- 158.51 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 0.59 ml salt
- 177.44 ml granulated sugar, plus
- 14.79 ml granulated sugar
- 59.14 ml packed brown sugar
- 59.14 ml land o' lakes whipped light butter, melted and cooled
- extra large egg
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 2.46 ml almond extract
- 10-15 maraschino cherries, chopped into little pieces
- 4.92 ml maraschino cherry juice
- 14.79 ml almond milk or 14.79 ml low-fat milk, more if needed. One tablespoon at a time
- 59.14 ml mini chocolate chip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray an 8 inch non-stick square pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flours, cocoa and mix well with a wire whisk to break up any clumps.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix well until all is combined and with a rubber spatula, dig deep to the bottom of the bowl to make sure all the dry ingredients are well incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for about 22-28 minutes. Do not over bake. Test with a wooden skewer or toothpick. Should come out with moist crumbs.
- Let cool on a wire rack and then cut when cooled but still a little warm and enjoy! Makes 16 brownies.