Prep 8 mins
Cook 15 mins
Every little bit helps, so I swap cream for reduced fat cream, and the recipe still wows my whole family.
- 750 g chicken breasts
- 1 packet asian home gourmet butter chicken paste
- 60 g butter
- 450 g tomato puree (tinned)
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 can light cream (Carnation)
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 1 sprig coriander
- In the microwave, add double the water to the rice and cook it for 18 minutes uncovered.
- Melt butter and fry crushed garlic in the pan.
- Add the chopped chicken breast and brown for about 3 minutes, occasionally stir.
- Add the packet of butter chicken spices and the tomato puree, then lastly add the reduced fat cream and stir all together.
- Heat for about 10 minutes, while the rice cooks then serve atop the rice with sprigs of coriander.
I make it like this too, using light cream. Still very good, and I don't miss the fat. Very easy.