Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Once again, I'm in search of way to use up my bounty of squash. This recipe was posted to Allrecipes.com and was submitted by Bonnie Milner who had this to say: "My niece suggested I try cooking squash and potatoes together. I found that potatoes really do enhance the flavor of squash. I made up this recipe, and it turned out to be a keeper--a great side dish for any entree and a complement to other vegetables as well. --Bonnie Milner DeRidder, Louisiana"
- 3 potatoes, small, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 summer squash, small, sliced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- paprika (to your liking)
- In a covered skillet over medium-low heat, cook potato and onion in oil for 12 minutes. Add squash; cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt, pepper and paprika.
This was very good. Quick and easy. You're right - the flavors of the squash and potatoes do compliment each other.